Tuesday 17 May 2011

GOODBYE

                                                                     LV

I've done so many farewells,
I'm an expert at saying "Goodbye"
I laugh and chatter gaily
To stop myself wanting to cry.

My first farewell was traumatic,
I left family, friends and home -
Exchanging a warm and caring young life
For a cold and indifferent unknown.

So when a Goodbye's in the offing
I pin a firm smile on  my face,
For "I love you and I'll miss you"
This isn't the time or the place.

A light and teasing banter
Helps keep spirits high;
A hug a kiss - I'll see you then,
Goodbye - my dear - goodbye.

A final smile and wave
Then you must walk away,
Like peeling a plaster off slowly,
It's more painful if you stay.

Goodbye means God be with you
And what can I say
Than "God be with you my dear one
Every single day"

I joined a writing group and this was one of the assignments.